Can I ride my ATV or UTV across the entire Rimrocker Trail?

You can ride your ATV or UTV for the duration of the Rimrocker Trail on the Colorado side. In UT, please refer to their guidelines:

ATVS, UTVs, or motorcycles brought into Utah that are not registered in compliance as street-legal under Utah law must obtain a non-resident permit to allow operation as an off-highway vehicle on public lands, roads, or trails. Non-resident permits are valid for one year from the date of purchase and can be purchased on-line or in person. Certain states are granted reciprocity and are allowed to operate currently registered OHVs in the state of Utah without having to purchase the “Non-Resident Permit.” Many states do not have this agreement with Utah. A complete listing of states that do not have a reciprocity agreement with Utah can be found here. Beginning January 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the other 49 states. On-line purchases of the non-resident permit can be made on the Utah State Parks website. Permits are available in person at authorized vendor locations throughout the state of Utah.

Going from Montrose to Moab, is there a staging area or safe place to leave a vehicle with a trailer near the Montrose trail head if OHV SxS are taken on trail? Or someplace closer to town?

There is an unofficial staging area off of Highway 90. To get to the spot, follow highway 90 and as soon as it turns to dirt there is a large parking area on the left.

Are there any towns or gas stops anywhere along the ride or is it pack what you need to do the 160 miles?

There is a town and gas stop along the way. The Town of Nucla, CO, is about halfway through the trail. It has a fuel station, small grocery store, and other services. If you are in a highway legal vehicle, you can also take a detour to Naturita (only a few miles down the road) for a few more stores, fuel stations, and more.

How long does it take to do the trail?

How much time do you have?

Can I camp along the trail?

There are lots of dispersed camping opportunities as well as two campgrounds. You can reserve at Buckhorn Campground and camp in the Ball Park Campground in Uravan (Ball Park does not accept reservations).

Is there HAM radio coverage?

There is coverage throughout the Montrose side of the trail using the Raspberry repeater.